1. Definition of personal information
The Company defines personal information as all information that could identify an individual person.
2. Purpose of collection, scope of use, deletion and correction of personal information
If the Company collects personal information, the Company shall provide prior notice of the purpose behind the collection and the method of use, and shall only collect personal information within the scope necessary. In addition, the Company shall only use information within the scope consented to upon its collection, and shall not use said information for any other purpose.
Furthermore, in the event of a change to an individual’s personal information (e.g. a change of address) or if the individual requests the deletion of their personal information, the Company shall revise, update or delete the personal information provided by the individual.
3. Collection of personal information by contracting
When the Company is entrusted with information processing which includes provision of personal information, the Company shall stipulate and abide by rules concerning personal information that pertain to such matters as: maintaining confidentiality; further subcontracting; burden of responsibility during incidents; return and deletion of personal information upon the conclusion of a contract.
4. Disclosure of personal information
The Company shall not use the personal information it has obtained beyond the scope of the following purpose of use, unless otherwise personally consented to by the Client:
- to confirm the identity of the Client or of the Client’s proxy;
- to contact the Client so as to provide information on topics such as products and services recommended by the Company;
- to customize information in the Service, the Service or ad serving in accordance with the Client’s age, occupation, gender, interests or the like;
- to use for marketing (market research, questionnaires, etc.), data analysis, or for the research or development of the Service;
- to properly and smoothly perform transactions with the Client and with other business partners, and to conduct other transaction-related operations with the Client and other business partners;
- for other purposes associated with the preceding.
The Company shall not, without the Client’s consent, disclose or provide to third parties the Client’s personal information which is in the Company’s possession.However, the Company may disclose or provide personal data without the Client’s consent in the following cases:
- if in accordance with a law or regulation;
- if necessary to protect the life, body or assets of a person, and obtaining the Client’s consent proves difficult;
- if especially necessary to promote improved public sanitation or to raise healthy children, and obtaining the Client’s consent proves difficult;
- if necessary to cooperate with the execution of the legally stipulated duties of an organ of the national government, of a local government or of an entity commissioned thereby, and if obtaining the Client’s consent could hinder the execution of said duties;
- if some or all the operations required to operate the Service are commissioned to a subcontractor with whom the Company has concluded a nondisclosure agreement.
6.Legal compliance and continuous improvements to personal information management
In addition to implementing strict security measures to protect the personal information entrusted by the Client from various threats, the Company continuously reviews systems and prevents unauthorized access, information loss, misuse, destruction, leakage and tampering. In addition, the Company raises awareness among employees to encourage them to make individual efforts at protecting Client privacy.
7.Client access logs
Information on visitors accessing the website are recorded in an access log. The access log includes information such as: the domain name and IP address of visitors; the type of browser used; the date and time of access. However, the access log is used for statistical analysis relating to the website’s maintenance and state of use, and shall not be used for any other purpose.
- to research how the Company’s website is used and to improve advertising, marketing and services;